References to ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘yours’ are references to the person(s) accessing the Site. References to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ are references to Acceptacard Limited.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 3 November 2009.
What we collect
When we ask you to register on this website for any purposes, we may collect the following information from you:
- Your name and address
- Where you are applying to register as a trader, details of your business.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to the registration purpose and/or our products and services.
What we do with the information we gather
In the event that we collect such information, we will use it to understand your needs, provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Provision of the services.
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional email about new products, special Offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you from time to time for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use such information gathered from you to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during the payment process. We do not store the details of your credit cards.
- Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
We use two types of cookie on our website.
- Session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your computer until you close your browser at which point they are deleted.
- Persistent or stored cookies that remain permanently on the cookie file of your computer.
Cookies cannot look into your computer and obtain information about you or your family or read any material kept on your hard drive and, unless you have logged onto the secure area of the PCS website, cookies cannot be used to identify who you are.
Cookies cannot be used by anyone else who has access to the computer to find out anything about you, other than the fact that someone using the computer has visited a certain website. Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of PCS.
Cookies will not be used to contact you for marketing purposes.
Cookies may be used to record details of pages relating to particular products and services that you have visited on our websites. This is to provide us with generic usage statistics to allow us to improve our websites and to provide you with information about products and services that may interest you. Information on products and services may be provided via the website or by other means.
This does not affect your right to opt-out from receiving marketing material from us.
The web browsers of most computers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your web browser to disable cookies or to inform you when a website is attempting to add a cookie. You can also delete cookies that have previously been added to your computer’s cookie file.
You can set your browser to disable persistent cookies and/or session cookies but if you disable session cookies, although you will be able to view our public unsecured website, you will not be able to log onto the secure area of the Payatrader website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that once you have used these links to leave our site we do not have any control over other websites. We cannot, therefore, be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Acceptacard Limited, Subject Access Requests, Victory House, 400 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7PA.
Payacardservices is operated by Acceptacard Limited, (company registration number 6910204) registered office address Victory House, 400 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7PA. Registered with the FCA as a small payment institution, firm number 617090. MLR registration number 12738258